At Golden Tans, we are committed to making sure you receive the best tan possible and in the safest way. While no UVA/UVB rays or sun exposure is 100% safe, we are here to assist you with your skin type. Our staff is trained to inform you what is best to build that incredible tan you are looking for!
Here are a few pointers for building and maintaining your tan:
- Stay Hydrated! It is recommended that we all drink 8, 8oz glasses of water a day. Along with a ton of other benefits, staying hydrated helps to maintain the youthful appearance of skin.
- Moisturizer! Make sure to moisturize on a daily basis Moisturizers help to build and maintain not only your tan, but can improve the texture and tone of your skin as well.
Did you know?
- Tanning lotion acts as a reactor to UV rays. Indoor tanning lotions are made specifically to bring out your best tan faster and will last longer than if you were to use no enhancer at all. Majority of skin tones need a boost. We only allow approved indoor tanning lotions in our machines.
- EYE Protection is mandated by the state and must be worn by all tanners! If eye protection is not worn, you increase your risk to several eye blindness diseases. We offer winkease and peepers to help with that protection!
- Burning your skin does NOT give you a tan. When you burn, this is your skin reacting to injury.
- A base tan is usually established within 8-10 sessions of tanning. Once your desired color has been achieved, you will need less sessions per week.
- Medications, foods, and conditions can cause your skin to react. This can happen with natural sun AND indoor UVA/UVB rays. Please make sure to check with your physician before starting any tanning regimen.